Here are some helpful tips to protect your vehicle:
- Park in well-lit areas to protect your vehicle from vandalism.
- Always lock your vehicle and activate any security system.
- Never leave your car running unattended.
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight.
- Do not leave your keys in the ignition or in an obvious hiding place.
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially when returning to your vehicle. Always check for any suspicious activity before entering your vehicle.
- Invest in an audible car alarm system, window etching, and an anti-theft device.
- Record the make, model, and license plate of your vehicle.
- Check with your insurance provider to make sure your vehicle is adequately covered.
If you must leave something in your car, put it in the trunk or cover it up.