The Saint John Police Force is committed to working with the community for a safer Saint John. Off-duty police officers can be hired to provide a police presence at various events such as:
- Commercial vehicle escorts (traffic control)
- Community events
- Private functions
- Special Events
- Sporting events
- VIP functions
Requests for paid duty officers can be made using the form below. Requests shall be made 15 business days prior to the event.
*Please note that events held in public spaces that require street closures such as parades, marathons/ runs, and street events, etc. must be approved by the City of Saint John Special Events Team. For these requests, please visit Hosting an Event | City of Saint John, New Brunswick
Sergeant $125.00 plus tax per hour
Constable $111.75 plus tax per hour
Vehicle $175.00 plus tax per event and officer
Terms and Conditions
Where a request is received without a minimum of ten (10) working days notice, a $50.00 administration fee will be assessed to the requesting organization or agency.
There is a three (3) hour minimum requirement for extra duty assignments.
Every event is unique; therefore, the Chief of Police or his designate will make the final decision concerning:
- The acceptance or refusal of the request
- The number of officers to be assigned to the event
- The number of sergeants to be assigned
- The time when members will commence their extra duty responsibilities
The coordinator will contact you within three business days of the initial request with the following information:
- The acceptance or rejection of the request, including reasons for the decision;
- If the request is accepted; the conditions of the assignment, including the number of officers, supervisors, and the starting time of the assignment;
- The cost of the assignment, including an administrative fee of $5 per member assigned;
- Penalties will be charged to the user in the event of cancellation less than ten (10) days prior to the event. The penalty will be equal to the administration fee and one (1) hour pay for each member requested.
- In the event the user cannot or will not accept the conditions established by the Chief of Police, the request will be rejected.
A member attending an extra duty will perform the function normally expected of an on-duty peace officer.