Joining our Sponsorship Program with the Atlantic Police Academy means you do not need any prior training or experience to become a Saint John Police officer.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community? Are you a leader who takes accountability for their actions? Are you professional in your approach? Do you have a sense of integrity and an understanding of valour? If so, you may have what it takes to be a Police Officer. No previous experience or training is necessary!
Joining the Saint John Police means more than just protecting the community; it means becoming part of something larger than yourself and making a real difference in people’s lives. The Saint John Police offers a chance to grow and be part of something bigger.
By joining the us, you will be able to develop your leadership skills and gain invaluable experience to help you serve your community. You will also have the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds and foster a sense of inclusiveness.
You will be encouraged to demonstrate integrity and valour while on duty, and you will be held to the highest standards of professionalism. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community, then the Saint John Police may be the perfect fit for you. Join us today and become a difference maker!”
For currently available opportunities, apply online by clicking on the button below:
The minimum requirements to apply for the Sponsorship Program:
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Not having been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act or Food & Drug Act for which you have not received a pardon.
- Be of good character and habits
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be medically fit to police force standards
- Must be able to pass the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test to police standards
Sponsorship recruitment process
A. Receipt of resume and letter of application
B. Invitation to participate in the recruitment process
C. Six-step recruitment process for selected participants:
- Submit required application package
- Medical assessment
- Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) fitness testing
- Extensive background investigation
- Psychological assessment
- Two-stage interview process
Failure to pass the medical or physical testing will result in the applicant being excluded from the recruitment process. All applicants must be security cleared.
Training and Employment
Successful candidates will be given a conditional offer of employment with the Saint John Police. They will be required to:
- Attend the Atlantic Police Academy in Summerside, Prince Edward Island and pass the Police Science Cadet Program in good standing. This includes an On-the-Job training period with the Saint John Police. For more information about the Police Science Cadet Program at the Atlantic Police Academy, visit:
- Commit to a minimum of 2 years of service with the Saint John Police
- Complete a one-year probationary period in good standing