The Saint John Police are recruiting mature, compassionate, and dependable individuals who are up to the challenge of becoming a Victim Service member.
Victim Service members are an integral part of our emergency response to critical incidents. Although they are not counsellors, they volunteer their time to provide immediate crisis support to victims and survivors of crime and sudden tragedies.
For those individuals who want to make a positive impact in the lives of others, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 506-648-3269.
- Minimum 19 years at time of recruitment
- Consent to extensive police security clearance
- Submit to a CPIC check every two years
- Have a valid NB driving license and good driving record
- Have a safe and reliable vehicle
- Complete mandatory training (30-40 hours)
- Attend regular meetings
- Actively volunteer about 4 shifts (12 hour) per month
- Able to commit to 1 year of service
- Respect confidentiality and people’s personal beliefs
- Competencies of compassion, empathy, reliability, strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Verifiable references are required (personal and professional)
For current opportunities available and to apply online, please click on the button below:
For general inquiries, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 506-648-3200.