Detective Constable James Smith of the Saint John Police Forensic Identification Unit wins six Gold Medals and one Bronze Medal at the 2023 World Police and Fire Games held July 28- August 6, 2023, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Saint John Police are proud to recognize Detective Constable Smith’s outstanding achievements at the 2023 World Police and Fire Games. James has become well known internationally for large and small-bore shooting. He last competed in 2022 at the World Games held in Rotterdam, England where he won two Gold Medals, three Silver Medals, and one Bronze Medal.
The World Police and Fire Games is an Olympic-style competition that attracts more than 8,500 athletes representing law enforcement and firefighters from more than 50 countries across the world.
James’s results this year include:
- Large Bore rifle 120 shots at 300m
- Large Bore rifle 60 shots at 400m
- Large Bore rifle 60 shots at 500m
- Large Bore rifle 60 shots at 600m
- Large Bore rifle – High Masters ranking – highest score for the World Games
- Small Bore rifle 3 position (Individual)
- Small Bore team competition 50m open sights
Please join us in congratulating James on his continued success. Through his hard work, dedication and commitment to excellence, James has positively represented himself, the Saint John Police and our community on the world stage.