File: 23-287, 23-1710-1714, 23-1748
The Saint John Police Street Crime Integrated Enforcement Unit (I.E.U.) have arrested 8 individuals in an ongoing drug investigation.
It is reported that:
On Wednesday, March 22, 2023, investigators executed 7 search warrants at various locations in Saint John and arrested 8 individuals.
As a result of the searches, the following evidence was seized:
- Approximately 1,078 grams of a substance believed to be cocaine
- Approximately 45.6 grams of a substance believed to be crack cocaine
- Approximately 4.6 grams of a substance believed to be psilocybin, commonly known as “magic mushrooms”
- Capsules believed to be hydromorphone
- Capsules believed to be oxycodone
- A .32 calibre prohibited handgun
- Approximately $41,500.00 in currency
- 2 snowmobiles, 5 dirt bikes, and 2 motorcycles
- A quantity of contraband cigarettes
- Drug paraphernalia
The total street value of drugs seized was approximately $116,000.00
Three men, ages 40, 38, and 35, were held in custody and appeared in court on Thursday March 23, 2023. They were remanded to jail until Monday March 27, 2023, for bail hearings. All three men were charged with possession for the purposes of trafficking cocaine, and possession of property obtained by crime. In addition, the 40-year-old accused was charged with possession of ammunition contrary to a prohibition order and the 35-year-old was charged with unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm and unsafe storage of a firearm.
Five other accused persons were also arrested for drug and/or weapon related offences and released from custody to appear in court on June 15, 2023.
Due to the assistance and collaboration of the Integrated Enforcement Units from Woodstock Police Force, Fredericton Police Force, and Codiac RCMP, along with Saint John Police, Kennebecasis Regional Police Force, New Brunswick Justice and Public Safety, and local RCMP, all warrants were executed and persons arrested without injuries.
Together a safe, secure, healthy community
For more news, visit Saint John Police Force | City of Saint John, New Brunswick