The Saint John Police are advising the public about an increase in stolen vehicles and thefts from vehicles.
In the past 30 days, there have been 27 reports of theft from vehicles compared to just 8 reports during the same time period last year.
In addition, there have been 20 reports of stolen vehicles compared to 17 reports during the same period last year.
The following vehicles were reported stolen in the last 30 days and have not been recovered:
- 2009 red Mazda 3 Hatchback (JMH-297) stolen from Summer Street (File# 23-5856)
- 2010 blue Ford Ranger (CUZ-506) stolen from Sandy Point Road (File# 23-5925)
- 2022 grey Toyota Corolla (KAY-017) stolen from Hickey Road (File# 23-6260)
- 2016 grey Honda Odyssey (JNL-391) stolen from Bayview Drive (File# 23-6402)
- 2010 silver Nissan Sentra (JKK-962) stolen from McLaughlin Crescent (File# 23-6403)
- 2016 black Hyundai Veloster (JLE-718) stolen from Duke Street South (File# 23-6407)
To protect yourself and your property, the Saint John Police strongly recommends the following:
- Roll Up Windows & Lock Your Vehicle: Ensure your car windows are rolled up and the vehicle is securely locked.
- Secure Valuables: Do not leave valuable objects or packages in plain sight. Store them in your trunk.
- Well-lit Areas: Choose well-lit areas for parking to deter potential thieves.
- Key Safety: Never leave your keys in your car.
- Unattended Vehicles: Do not leave your vehicle running when unattended.
- Report Suspicious Activity: Immediately report any unusual or suspicious activity in your neighbourhood.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Saint John Police Force at 1-506-648-3333, or if you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or 1-800-222-T.I.P.S.
Together, we can foster a safe, secure, and healthy community. Your vigilance and cooperation are vital in addressing this trend.